SEEC, in collaboration with the relevant entities (Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources, SASO, Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority, National Center for Environmental Compliance Control), is working on a series of procedures to ensure that the products are in compliance with the EE regulations and standards in the Kingdom.
SEEC develops, through these procedures, an annual plan to control the products in markets, warehouses, local factories and customs ports. SEEC coordinates in this regard to allocate roles and responsibilities to each entity according to its competencies and verifies the availability of enablers and needs necessary to implement the annual initiatives for the entities. It contributes to finding gaps and improving procedures with entities in the EE regulatory system, and issues conformity indicators to measure the compliance of those products with the requirements of energy performance according to the EE standards and specifications.
- Preparing the infrastructure to ensure the enforceability of the standards and specifications developed in the field of energy efficiency of products.
- Ensuring compliance with EE specifications and regulations developed for the products.
- Supporting market competitiveness through prohibiting the products that do not conform to EE standards and specifications.
- Monitoring production lines in local factories to ensure that the products are in compliance with EE standards and specifications.
- Monitoring customs ports to ensure that the imported products are in compliance with EE standards and specifications.
- Monitoring markets and warehouses to ensure that the distributors provide products in compliance with EE standards and specifications.
- Enabling consumers to provide assistance in the field of market control by educating them, receiving and following up their complaints in order to provide solutions.
Based on the principle of continuous improvement of the control processes, SEEC established an electronic platform aimed at integration and digital transformation with the concerned authorities involved in the inspection, control and certification efforts to record annual control plans, inspection tours and its results, product test reports and determine the index of product compliance with EE specifications on an annual basis to monitor progress achieved, find gaps and improve procedures.
The team's efforts in inspections and monitoring have contributed to a remarkable development and annual increase in the conformity index of imported and locally manufactured products covered in EE range.