An overview of the Project :
The commercial sector is considered one of the sectors that consume a significant amount of energy which represents %15.7 of the total energy consumption in the KSA and the project aims to improve the energy efficiency consumption in the commercial sector through preparing and designing a commercial sector consumption fact base and implementing energy audits following ASHRAE standards level 1 for fifty commercial facilities and level 2 for twenty facilities. A final report summarizing the results of the study will be shared with the facilities owners.
- Fact base
- ASHRAE Level 1 Energy Audits for 50 Facilities
- ASHRAE Level 2 Energy Audits for 20 Facilities
Pilot Project Road Map
The project journey begins with the registration of interested facility owners by filling out the form (click here ) on the center's web page.
The center's technical team will analyze the submitted applications and select those qualified for the pilot project based on the quality of the provided data.
The center will inform the selected facilities through letters asking them to appoint a contact person from the Operations and Maintenance Department.
workshops will be conducted with all parties to explain the workflow process in a detailed and accurate way.
The energy audits of selected facilities will include a brief interview with the maintenance contact person, a review of energy consumption and other operating data at the facility. A detailed Level 2 audit includes a complete description of the facility, equipment inventory, energy balance, and power logging in order to analyze the facility’s energy consumption.
Commercial Facilities Commitments
- Appointing a contact person from the Operation and Maintenance Department for sharing facility data.
- Provide the necessary information and data required to carry out the Level 1 energy audit.
- Provide necessary information, share data, and fill out the required forms to carry out a detailed energy audit